Control System Optimization
Retro-Commission [re-troh-kuh–mish–uh n]
verb (used with object)
1. To return a building automation system to its original state of disappointment, from its current state of disarray.
2. To develop a list of automaton-focused energy projects, which you may or may not implement.
To return a building automation system to its original state of disappointment, from its current state of disarray.
To develop a list of automaton-focused energy projects, which you may or may not implement.
Is Retro-Commissioning enough? We don’t think so.
Consider these questions:
• Do you panic when the season is about to change?
• Do you override things when equipment hasn’t failed?
• Are your sequences specified in paragraph form?
• Do the words “summer mode” or “winter mode” appear in your automation system?
• Do freeze-stats trip your units off during normal operation?
Did you answer “Yes” to any of these questions? If so, read on.
Enica’s complete Control System Optimization (CSO) process gives your control system a fresh start. Our approach is simple. Define both the performance goals for your automation as well as the limitations of your MEP systems. With these “bookends” well defined, Enica will bridge the gap with the best possible automated solution and then implement it. After all, your systems need to meet your requirements, but we cannot make them operate beyond the limitations of physics.
At Enica, we believe understanding what an automation system needs to do necessitates the understanding of what MEP systems need to be. We have the PEs that understand MEP design alongside the programmers that can bring that design to life. In many cases, they are the same individual. That is the Enica difference.
We will turn your separate automation programs into one cohesive, optimized piece of software that thrives with your MEP systems instead of fighting them. There is one “best” way to do it, and that way results in low energy cost, high reliability, operational stability, customer satisfaction, reduced operator intervention, increased situational awareness, and expedited response time.
We are here to make your automation problems disappear!