Getting your business or building ready to reopen can feel overwhelming. Ensuring that sites are safe for employees while also minimizing the risk for occupants is a lot of pressure and it’s difficult to know which safeguards will and won’t work, but Enica Engineering has the knowledge to guide you through a successful and safe reopening. Download our white paper for basic safety measures that apply to most facilities plus insights on technologies available to reduce airborne infection vectors.
Here are some of our recommendations to consider when retrofitting your space for safe return:
- Humidifier installation, reconfiguration, or recommissioning to minimize the transmission of airborne germicides in low humidity environments is one of the most impactful measures to consider. The indoor relative humidity is the single factor that directly affects the strength of your immune system. All other measures only influence the virus.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) monitoring and data collection will set a baseline for any enhancements you make. Once upgrades are made, a digital display can be used to demonstrate the quality of the indoor environment you are providing to your occupants. IEQ readings may include CO, CO2, O3, PM 2.5, TVOC, temperature, and relative humidity.
- UVC lighting may be a viable option for killing germicides and keeping drains for coil drip pans clean depending on the space available in your air handling equipment.
- Central air handling unit testing will include airflows, filter differential pressure, supply fan power consumption, ventilation rates, air change rates, and identifying existing filter specifications. You should review any potential filter upgrade options and balance them with their potential energy penalty vs. other options.
- Positive pressurization of the building compared to the outside should be attempted. Results may vary based on your HVAC system capabilities.
For more information on COVID-19 and how to keep your employee workspaces safe, download our white paper today!